Labels

Friday, July 31, 2009

Flower Pot

I have been wanting to try to make a flower pot card for the longest time and finally made one! I love how easy they are to make, and I like how my first attempt turned out. I used the new Cottage Wall DP for the flowers and the base of the pot. Love, love this paper and how rich the colors are. I didn't have any Rich Razzleberry ribbon, so I made my own using the Whisper White Ribbon, a sponge and a Rich Razzleberry ink pad. I punched the leaves out using the scallop oval punch, scored them down the middle and then ran them through my crimper on a slant.
Stephanie Luman has a wonderful tutorial you can find the instructions on SCS here: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/resources/tutorials/flowerpotpocket/.
Here's the recipe:

Stamp Set: Curvy Verses
Inks: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry (for sponging)
Papers: Old Olive, Rich Razzleberry, Whisper White, Cottage Wall DP
Accessories: Crimper, Big Shot, Flowers Layer #3 Sizzix Die, 1/4" Circle Punch, Scallop Eyelet Punch, Scallop Oval Punch, Whisper White Organza Ribbon, Stamp-a-ma-jig, Sponge, Stampin' Dimensionals

The inside of the flower pot card.....

2 comments:

Pam said...

Very nice! I'm convinced ...I need a crimper.

Leonie Schroder said...

ooo I have a crimper ... love the colours you've used here too