Labels

Sunday, September 19, 2010

No Layer LNS Challenge


This week's LNS stamping challenge was to make a card using no layers.  To create the image above this what I used:

  • I cut a piece of typing paper 4-1/4 x 5-1/2; layered in on the top note die and cut it out
  • I then placed this over my card front and secured the typing paper with several small post-it-note holders.
  • Next I stamped the image from Just Believe 3 times using a Basic Black Inkpad.
  • I then sponged Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango over the image and blended the colors.
  • I removed the template and drew small notches around the image to create the lines found on the top note die.
  • Tied a black ribbon around the left-hand side of the card.
  • Stamped "thank you" on a piece of white cardstock using a Basic Black Inkpad and punched out with a Word Window Punch; mounted the saying with dimensionals.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Just Believe
Inks/Marker: Basic Black, Tangerine Tango, Pumpkin Pie, Daffodil Delight
Papers: Whisper White
Accessories: Big Shot, Top Note Die, Typing Paper, Basic Black Grosgrain Ribbon, Word Window Punch, Sponges, Dimensionals

4 comments:

ruth said...

I really like how this looks...it took me 4 read thews to figure out that you threw the center of the die cut out and used the frame around as what you taped down...must have really been having sr. moments!

Carol said...

I did the same thing...didn't quite make sense at first since there were to be no layers. Like your result!

Unknown said...

this is so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing

Collette said...

Wonderful Clean and Simple card, for sure. Those flowers look almost 3D. Wonderful job!