Labels

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Try Stampin' on Tuesday/LNS Challenge

Father's Day is fast approaching, and this week's LNS challenge is to create a Father's Day card.  I thought this would a great opportunity to combine the LNS challenge with today's Try Stampin' on Tuesday challenge.

Below you'll find the sketch for the Try Stampin' on Tuesday, and when you are finished with your Father's Day card, you can load it:

Late Night Stamper Blog: HERE
Try Stampin' on Tuesday Blog: HERE


I decided to use the new hostess set, Simply Sketched for my challenge card, and made my card for my Father-in-Law.  I stamped the bird image twice on Whisper White c/s using a black StazOn inkpad.  I colored in just the grass on one piece of WW and then cut it out using one of the Windows Frame Framelits.  I colored and cut out the bird image and mounted it over the other image using a dimensional.  I pulled out my trusty Singer sewing machine and sewed a random pattern along the left-hand edge.  Here's a list of what I used:


Stamps: Simply Sketched, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Old Olive, Pacific Point, So Saffron
Papers: Whisper White, Pacific Point, Old Olive, So Saffron DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Windows Frame Framelits, Old Olive Button, Whisper White Baker's Twine, Word Window Punch, Blender Pen, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine/Thread

3 comments:

MJ said...

Awesome, love those colors for a masculine card and I always love birds!

Nancy Seed said...

Love how the bird looks like it is just getting ready to take flight. Great colours. Excellent job!

Sarah said...

I love the clean lines of your card. This would be perfect for any Dad and the colour combo is great.