Labels

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Try Stampin' on Tuesday

We have a really fun challenge for you today over at Try Stampin' on Tuesday!  You can find the sketch below, and when you are done creating your work of art, you can simply load it HERE!



I did the direct to paper technique for my card.  I swiped So Saffron across the top of the Very Vanilla c/s and then Pistachio Pudding across the bottom.  I inked just the grass on the bottom of the bird image from the set, Simply Sketched, using an Early Espresso marker, and stamped it across the card.  I then sponged some Early Espresso across the bottom.  I colored in the bird image (stamped separately on a scrap piece of paper) with Island Indigo and So Saffron before cutting it out and mounting it on the card front.  Here's a list of what I used:


Stamps: Simply Sketched
Inks: Early Espresso, Pistachio Pudding, So Saffron, Island Indigo
Papers: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Pistachio Pudding, Soho Subway DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Modern Mosaic EF, Bitty Banner Framelits, Barely Banana Brads, Paper Piercing Tool, Dimensionals, Sponge

5 comments:

MJ said...

Love this great little scene! Great job with this sketch!

Nancy Seed said...

Beautiful job on the inking. Love the results.

alexandra s.m. said...

Gorgeous card!
Thank You~

Sarah said...

Love how you have created this sweet scene.

Susan Byington said...

Eileen, I CASED this card because it was so lovely. I changed the background colors to Island Indigo and added a thin Pistachio Pudding and Early Espresso border around the image. Same card, but looked totally different! I love the effect! Thanks so much for sharing your lovely idea. :)