Labels

Monday, December 15, 2014

Creative Blog Hop!

I was challenged and inspired to be a part of the Creative Blog Hop by fellow Stampin' Up! Demonstrator, Dee Tollaksen, and you can see her wonderful projects by clicking HERE!

I love how much the wonderful craft of stamping has evolved since I started stamping 16 years ago!  Back then, the majority of the projects didn't have a lot of dimension to them and embellishments (brads, ribbon, etc.) were used for small accents.  I get so inspired by others creations and spend way too much time on Pinterest, Splitcoasters, YouTube, and other stamping sites!

I hope this project will challenge and inspire you to made something festive for your home, or for others, this year!  I have made several collages for craft shows that I participated in, and thought it would be fun to actually make one for myself this year!

The main small squares are 2"x 2", and the large square is a base of 5" x 3".  I used the same designs that I used in my other collages, and it came together pretty quickly.


Here is a list of what I used to create this college:

Stamps: Wishing You, A Banner Christmas, Itty Bitty Backgrounds
Inks: Cherry Cobbler, Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Mossy Meadow, Marina Mist
Papers: Whisper White, Cherry Cobbler, Mossy Meadow, Chocolate Chip, Crumb Cake, Silver Glimmer Paper, a variety of current and retired DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Wonderful Wreath Framelit Die, Star Die, Scallop Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Owl Builder Punch (heart), Neutral Buttons, Whisper White and Early Espresso Baker's Twine, Small Jingle Bells, Branch Punch, Dimensionals, Mini-Glue Dots, SAMJ, 8" x 10" frame

The following are some questions related to the Creative Blog Hop:

1.  What are you working on?

I am currently working on making some fun holiday home decor items for my house.  The collage and wreaths (shown in an older post) are a few items.  I am also making some tagged treats for my co-workers.

2.  How does your work differ from others in your genre?

When I see something that I really love and would like to case, I try to figure out how I can put my own spin on my project.  But I really think we really see a bit of each other in our projects, and that's why this wonderful craft is so awesome.  We all love to share what we make to inspired, share and challenge others!

3.  Why do you create what you do?

Simply because I love it!  I fell in love with stamping 16 years ago, and it's a big part of my life.  I find so much joy in using the gifts and abilities that God has given me to create something for others.  I also love sharing my love of stamping with my customers and friends through the stamp camps I do at my house.

4.  How does your creative process work?

That's a hard one to answer as I process things different ways........sometimes it's seeing something online that makes me wonder how it was created, or through seeing a sketch challenge.  There have been many nights I wake up designing a card in my head when I should be sleeping!

1 comment:

Barb said...

I love your work. I have this stamp set and sadly have not even inked it up! I feel inspired!!