Labels

Thursday, May 26, 2011

This Week's Creative Sketch

Hey Everyone - Hope you're doing well this Thursday!  Thanks for stopping by to check out this week's sketch challenge!  Here's the sketch:

And below is my card.  I cut a circle out of a piece of typing paper using a 2-1/2" circle punch and placed it over the stamped image of the sail boat.  Next I sponged Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie and Tangerine Tango inside the circle.  I then stamped the boat again on a scrap piece of white cardstock and then cut out just the sails.  I sponged the water with Pacific Ink and Daffodil Delight.  The saying was created in MDS using Early Espresso ink.  I got the idea for this card from the incredibly talented Mary Brown, and you can see her card HERE.  Below are the details:

Side View of the card
Stamps: Sail Away
Inks: Early Espresso, Pacific Point, Daffodil Delight, Pumpkin Pie, Tangerine Tango,
Papers: Whisper White, Early Espresso, Pacific Point
Accessories: Big Shot, Square Lattice EF, Round Tab Punch, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Sponges, Scissors, Dimensionals

6 comments:

Collette said...

Your sailboat card is STUNNING! Miss you!

Unknown said...

This card is breath taking!! I will be featuring this beauty on My Crafty Picks #19 with a link back to your blog on 6-5-11. If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com

Created By You said...

LOVE this card Eileen! Isn't the square lattice TEF fabulous for guy cards? Congrats on being chosen for Crafty Pics this week too!
Hugs,
Sharon Field

Margaret said...

Beautiful card! The cutting on the sails really makes this stand out! BTW-saw your card on My Crafty Picks.

Daria said...

Wonderful card! I love the warm and vibrant colors. TFS.

Daria said...

Wonderful card! I love the warm and vibrant colors. TFS.