Labels

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

LNS Challenge - Using Texture

This week's LNS challenge is all about texture and using our awesome Embossing Folders.  I punched out a flower from the Blossom punch and then embossed it using the Elegant Lines EF.  I then used a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White and embossed it using the Perfect Polka Dots EF.  I then cut the bottom edge using the Scallop Edgelit Die from the current Occasions Mini.  Added some Blushing Bride Pleated Ribbon and leaves using the Bird Builder Punch.  Stamped "Thanks" from the Outlined Occasions SAB stamp set, and colored in the words using Pretty in Pink and So Saffron Markers, and cut it down to 1".  I used a 1-1/4" Square Punch to create the indent on the end.  Here's the list of what I used:


Stamps: Outlined Occasions SAB Set
Inks: Whisper White, So Saffon, Certainly Celery
Papers: Whisper White, So Saffon, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Big Shot, Perfect Polka Dot EF, Pretty in Pink Ribbon, So Saffron Button, Baker's Twine, Bird Builder Punch

And speaking of Baker's Twine.  I found some large wooden spools at Michael's yesterday and am going to wrap my Baker's Twine around them.  This way, the twine won't have the "cringled" edge from the SU packaging.

1 comment:

Kim said...

This is a great idea!! I hate it when my ribbon or twine has kinks in it.