Labels

Monday, April 1, 2013

LNS Challenge

I have to admit that this week's LNS challenge to make a card based on your favorite candy was a bit of a "challenge" for me.  I really had to put on my thinking cap for this one!  One of my favorite candies are Reese Peanut Cups, and I love making peanut butter cookies with the mini-cups.  I based my card on the colors in the wrapper - gold, brown and orange, and here is my card.

So did you guess what this week's challenge is?  That's right - use a candy bar to inspire your creation!  Create a card, scrapbook page, 3-D item, or anything else you can think of that was inspired by your favorite candy bar!  When you are done with your inspiration, you can simply load it HERE!

I colored in the image from the set, Thoughts & Prayers, using Calypso Coral and Early Espresso markers.  I added some pearls to the flowers, and used my Stamp-a-ma-Jig to set the saying.  I ran a piece of gold c/s through my Big Shot using the Lacy Brocade EF, placed a strip of vanilla flowers across the middle, and added more pearls.  More details listed below:


Stamps: Thoughts & Prayers, Blooming with Kindness (saying)
Inks/Markers: Calypso Coral, Early Espresso
Papers: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, God
Accessories: Big Shot, Lacy Brocade EF, 5/8" Vanilla Flower Trim, Pearls, SAMJ, Mini-Glue Dots

4 comments:

MJ said...

This is just so pretty! I really love all the pearls and that beautiful flower trim! Awesome job on the challenge.

Jonia said...

Great card Eileen.

Karen said...

Eileen I stopped by to tell how beautfiul your card for TSOT was, love the purple, the flowers, so elegant, however I couldn't find your post. So I am leaving a comment here, as this card is so beautiful too!

Kris Sobolik said...

Just Beautiful, the flower trim really adds a lot to the card as well.