Labels

Monday, June 10, 2013

Techno Monday Sketch

Another fun challenge over at Technostamper Monday Lunch Challenge!  Here's the sketch, and here is the link to load your awesome card: Techno Stamper Blog



I absolutely LOVE the cards that Lyssa created using the new hostess set, Simply Sketched, and cased one of her cards for my take on the challenge; you can see her awesome cards HERE.  She is so creative!!

Below is my cased card and I changed up my interpretation of the sketch just a little bit.  I colored in just the grass on the stamp using a Early Espresso marker and stamped it a couple of times and then stamped the entire bird image (twice) using an Early Espresso inkpad.  I colored in the grass and the bird image using a blender pen and the new ink color, Baked Brown Sugar (don't you just love that name?!).  Before I mounted the cut out bird image, I crinkled up the stamped c/s, distressed the edges and then lightly sponged Baked Brown Sugar around the edges and around the grass.

So this is my cased card for this week's sketch, and below is a list of what I used to create the card.  Thanks for stopping by!


Stamps: Simply Sketched
Inks: Basic Black, Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar
Papers: Very Vanilla, Early Espresso, Baked Brown Sugar
Accessories:  Big Shot, Woodgrain EF, Vintage Brad, Early Espresso Brad, Distressing Tool, Blender Pen, SAMJ, Sponge, Dimensionals

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely beautiful! I love your work!
Gale S.

Karen said...

I love this Eileen. I am going to CASE it too. Masculine card ideas are hard for me.

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome masculine design, love the distressing!