Labels

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happiest Birthday Wishes Medallion Card

Ok, I need your opinion on the following cards.  I inked up the Medallion image stamp with a Poppy Parade inkpad.  I paired this color with Chocolate Chip to see how they would work together. Stamped the birthday image from the new hostess set, Happiest Birthday Wishes, twice - once with Chocolate Chip ink and then with Poppy Parade ink.  I love using the distressing tool to create this look; this great tool makes it so easy to distress and rip the edges.  What I can't decided is if I should leave the pearls on the stitched ribbon or leave them off.  What do you think?
With pearls..........
Stamps: Happiest Birthday Wishes, Medallion Background Stamp, Elements of Style
Inks: Poppy Parade, Chocolate Chip
Papers: Whisper White, Poppy Parade, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: Big Shot, Beautiful Wings Embosslit Die, Scallop Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Pearls, Distressing Tool, Mini-Glue Dots, Dimensionals, Sewing Machine/Thread

4 comments:

Linda said...

Love the card! Think it has plently of pearls without the ones on the ribbon. For me, they're kinda overkill.

Njwasicke said...

In this case I am thinking less is more.....so no pearls on ribbon for me.

Love the card and color combo

sharon said...

The pearls on the ribbon is over the top in my humble poinion. Have you tried just 3 pearls on one end?
Sharon L

Nendy said...

Love the card without the pearls on the ribbon. Thanks for another idea for my Medallion stamp!