Labels

Thursday, November 3, 2011

Creative Sketches Challenge Card

Thanks for stopping by for this week's Creative Sketches Challenge.  Fun challenge this week and I had a fun time using the new die, Stocking Accents from the Holiday Mini, for this card.  Here is the sketch:


And below is my card.  Because I am a paper "horder", I used scrap pieces of Real Red Card Stock and Holly Berry Bouquet DSP for the ornaments.  I thought the DSP ornaments needed to have a defined color behind them.  So I cut 2 Real Red ornaments and used them as backing for each DSP ornament.  I had some left over retired tinsel ribbon and used that for a border.  I tied some silver cording around the neck of each ornament, and then added a jingle bell.  Here's a list of what I used:


Stamps: Happy Holiday stamp
Inks: Chocolate Chip, Real Red Marker
Papers: Real Red, Very Vanilla, Holly Berry Bouquet DSP
Accessories: Big Shot, Stocking Accents Die, Petals-a-Plenty Embossing Folder, Lace Ribbon Border Punch, Small Oval Punch, Jingle Bells, Tinsel Ribbon, Silver Cording, Stampin' Dimensionals, Mini-Glue Dots

No comments: