Labels

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Dressing up Candles

I have the honor of being a part of the Stampin' Fun and Friends Christmas Dreams design team for the month of November.  You can check out the blog and projects HERE.  Decorating a candle is very easy.  I cut out the snowflakes using the Northern Frost Die and Stampin' Up!'s awesome Silver Glimmer paper.  I used a paper piercing tool to poke a small hole and then anchored a a snowflake using a Circle Fire Rhinestone Brads to the candle.  Very easy, but has such an elegant look!  I also used a 3/4" circle punch to accent and fill in where needed with Silver Glimmer paper.  What do you think?  I will also be selling these candles at the upcoming Holiday Boutiques I will participating in on December 3rd and 4th!




I bought the candle holder shown below years ago on clearance from Land's End.  I thought I would try and "dress" it up a bit.  Again, I used the Silver Glimmer paper and Northern Frost die for the snowflakes.  This time I attached the snowflakes to the glass candle holders using mini-glue dots.  I then added pearls in the middle.  I like the look, and it is so pretty when you light all the candles!



Thanks for stopping by and taking a look - here's a list of supplies:

Accessories: Big Shot, Northern Frost Die, Silver Glimmer Paper, Rhinestone Brads, Pearls, Mini-Glue Dots, Paper Piercing Tool, Candles

1 comment:

Sharon Field / Inky A*Muse-ment said...

Fabulous projects Eileen! Love the shimmery snowflakes, and hadn't thought about using them this way! your table decor is elegant!
Hugs, Sharon