Labels

Saturday, August 20, 2011

SU Stars Blog Hop

SUSTARS

Welcome to my stamping blog and the SU Stars (Click here to see the blog) Fabulous Folds Blog Hop!  You have just arrived from Angela Walters wonderful BLOG - don't you just love the name of her blog?  Live with a Wiener Dog!

To create my card, I took a 11" x 5" piece of Whisper White cardstock and scored it on the 11" side at 2", 3"-1/2", 7-1/4" and 9".  I then folded the ends back and then folded the center scored lines in.  Simple card to make and the folds give the card a unique look.  I inked up the Hello, Doily stamp with Crumb Cake and then stamped off first before stamping the cardstock.  I stamped the stem with Old Olive and then used my SAMJ to place the flowers.  One flower I stamped on a piece of scrap white c/s and then cut it out and mounted it with a dimensional.  I love the look when you combing the Hello, Doily and Field Flowers sets together!  My 2 favorite sets right now!  Here's my project:


What the card looks like when it's closed


What the card looks like when it's open
As you can see, you then attach the main stamped image/cardstock
on the left-hand side of the panel so you can then open the card.

Here's what I used to make the card:
Stamps: Hello, Doily, Field Flowers
Inks: Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry
Papers: Whisper White, Crumb Cake, Rich Razzleberry
Accessories: Big Shot, Vintage Wallpaper EF, Rich Razzleberry Satin Ribbon, Crumb Cake Brads, Distressing Tool, Paper Piercing Tool, Dimensionals, Sponge, Scissors

Now it's time to head over to Barb Furlong's wonderful blog and project - simple click on this LINK to get to her blog.  Thanks for stopping by - I hope you enjoyed my project!

The following is a list of the SU Stars blogs:

Life with a Wiener Dog
Stampin' Fevre
The Love of Stamping
Add a Little Dazzle
Scrappy Stamps & Ink
Stampin' and Scrapping News
Bluegrass Stamper Studio
Stamping with Janice
Denise Foor Studio PA
Krafting with Karen
Raissa Stamps

11 comments:

Denise Foor Studio PA said...

What a beautiful card. Just love it. TFS.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful card!

Monica Weaver
www.addalittledazzle.com

Krafting Karen said...

this is so vintage! Beautiful card!!!!!

Chris Occhipinti said...

How pretty, I love this set and am always amazed at the ways everyone is using it (color-wise). Beautiful!

Carey said...

How beautiful. Thanks for the way you did it that was an inspiration to me.

Carey Rogers
aka Roscoe's mommy (the swap eating dog)

creations by jackie said...

Beautiful and oh so vintage!

Raissa Spatola said...

I really like your color choices and the use of the Hello Doily stamp! Nice! TFS!

Lisa Foster said...

This is absolutely stunning! I really love the colors you used!
Hugs,
Lisa

Terri said...

Very nice Eileen

Janice said...

Beautiful card, very vintage. I like to very much.

Veronica said...

Beautiful card. Love those colors together. TFS.