Labels

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Thursday Creative Sketch Challenge!

Happy Thursday everyone!  Thanks for stopping by and checking out this week's Creative Sketch challenge - I hope you'll play along!  Below is this week's sketch, and if you play along, you can upload your card HERE.


I am trying to use up some of my retired designer paper, and chose to use retired Springtime Vintage dp for this card.  I also used the retired set, Strength and Hope; I love the butterfly image from this set and this is one of those sets I will probably always keep.  It's hard to see, but after I cut out the butterflies, I sprayed them with some Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz.  To create the frame around the butterfly images, I cut 1/4" strips of  Not Quite Navy c/s and then used my trusty old Singer sewing machine to sew a border on the strips.  Here's the details:


Stamps: Strength & Hope
Inks: Not Quite Navy, Pear Pizzazz
Papers: Very Vanilla, Not Quite Navy, Springtime Vintage DP
Accessories: Pear Pizzazz 1/2" Stitched-Poly Ribbon, Pearls, Vanilla Shimmer Smooch Spritz, Scallop Trim Border Punch, Sewing Machine/Thread, Dimensionals Mini-Glue Dots

No comments: