Labels

Thursday, June 21, 2012

LNS Challenge - Insects!!

This week's LNS challenge is to add an insect to your project.  It's been hot, hot, hot here this week (mid 90's), and it's actually been nice not to have to fight the bugs!  But I have to admit I am looking forward to the temps being cooler next week

I don't really have any "insect" sets, so I hope my little butterflies will do!  I used the new set, Serene Silhouettes, for my projects this week.  When I saw this baby in the new catty, I knew it would be quickly become one of my favorite sets!  I colored in the flower image using Primrose Petals, Certainly Celery and Soft Suede markers, and then spritzed the image with water to soften the look.  I used the new embossing folder, Fancy Fan, for my background, and I used the back of the embossed cardstock instead of the front.  I punched a 1-1/4" square in a post-it-note and sponged around the edges and on the flowers using Soft Suede ink and a sponge.  Below is a more detailed list of what I used:


Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Primrose Petals, Certainly Celery, Soft Suede
Papers: Whisper White, Soft Suede, Primrose Petals
Accessories: Big Shot, Fancy Fan EF, Beautiful Wings Embosslit, Primrose Petals Satin Ribbon, Pearls, 1-1/4" Square Punch, Post-it-Note, Dimensionals, Mini-Glue Dots, Scissors

My second project is actually one that I created for last week's VCRocks blog hop, and dressed it up by adding some butterflies.

Stamps: Serene Silhouettes, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Raspberry Ripple, Gumball Green
Papers: Whisper White, Raspberry Ripple
Accessories: Big Shot, Delicate Designs Embossing Folder, Finishing Touches Edgelit, Bitty Banners Framelits, Simply Scored Scoring Tool, Raspberry Ripple 3/8" Stitched Satin Ribbon, White Baker's Twine, Vintage Faceted Designer Buttons. Scissors, Dimensionals, Mini-Glue Dots, Distressing Tool

3 comments:

Kris Sobolik said...

Very pretty! I love that stamp set and you used it well on these cards.

MJ said...

These are just stunning. I got my set finally now I need time to stamp! Great cards.

CherylAnn Robinson said...

Both are beautiful. Cannot go wrong with butterflies.