Labels

Thursday, June 28, 2012

Paper Piercing LNS Challenge

Paper Piercing - what a great technique that is so simply to do, yet adds so much to a project!   Stampin' Up! has come out with some awesome paper piercing packs that totally rock, and I love the fact they coordinate with some of our stamps sets and punches.

For my cards this week I decided to go CAS (clean and simple).  I stamped the background image on the main card front first using the new In-Color, Summer Starfruit.  I then punched a circle on the front panel using the 2-1/2" Circle Punch so the background image was underneath. and paper pierced around the outside of the circle using the Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack (on page 181).  I used my Big Shot and one of the Delicate Designs EF to create an edge along the left-hand side.  I stamped the bird twice using the new In-Color Raspberry Ripple, and cut out the bird from one image and just the wing from another.  I used the Bird Builder Punch for the 2 leaves and used Gumball Green c/s.  Very simple, clean and easy!  Here's the details:

Stamps: Betsy's Blossoms, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Raspberry Ripple, Summer Starfruit
Papers: Whisper White, Gumball Green
Accessories: Big Shot, Delicate Designs EF, 2-1/2" Circle Punch, Word Window Punch, Bird Builder Punch, Essentials Paper-Piercing Pack, Paper Piercing Tool, Pearls, Dimensionals, Mini-Glue Dots, Scissors

3 comments:

Kris Sobolik said...

Great card, I love the clean and simple look!

Jonia said...

This is beautiful. A WOW for sure.

MJ said...

What a fun layout! Love your piercing!